Monday, April 28, 2008

Optimism

I wrote a speech in 8th grade about being an optimist, and how optimism helps the country. We show our optimism through giving our time, talent, and money to charities. Americans have dedicated millions of hours volunteering in schools and programs throughout the nation. We believe that our time and money will benefit a cause. Americans often unite together behind causes in times of trouble. After 9-11 people united together to donate millions of dollars, goods and services. The people that donated this money believed that it would help victims and our nation recover. This was partly due to their belief in each other. Building plans are being made to rebuild the towers, and businesses are regrouping to become better and stronger. We stand united in the belief that optimism will help us through any crisis.
Helen Keller once said, “keep your face to the sunshine so that you cannot see the shadow” I keep my face to the sun when I think of my future. Because I have faith in God, and believe that our country will stay united because of our acceptance of all people, our giving to those in need, and our loyalty to America. America will always stand united in optimism. Just as Winston Churchill once said, “ For myself I am an optimist, it does not seem much use being anything else.”

No comments: