Friday, May 23, 2008

Captain Crunch



I open the kitchen cabinet early one morning. My eye automatically goes to the second row from the top, where all the clear tupaware containers are holding different types of cereals. I read them left to right, like a book. First, the dark rough texture with little black dots spots me through its textured plastic container. This would be my dad’s favorite, Raisin Bran. Next over, I see some lighter colored circles, cheerios. Maybe another day, there not even honey nut anyways. My eyes keep moving. Next to the cheerios is some ugly mixture, something too healthy, something that tastes like different types of cardboard and gravel, one of my mom and sisters healthy cereals. I don’t even hesitate as my eyes keep moving onto the familiar, yellow round-cube like pieces of gold. Captain crunch, my favorite. My mouth starts to water as I reach into the cabinet and grab the container. This is going to be a good breakfast.

No comments: