Monday, May 26, 2008

On Doing Nothing

Now that the seniors are gone most have my classes have slowed down. By slowed down I mean completely stopped. I am in no way complaining, it's just that I don't feel like going to class more than ever. I have a few classes were all we do is study hall. It's great, except you can only do nothing for so long before it starts to get boring. I think that classes dominated by seniors, especially ap classes should be dismissed after the seniors graduate. I don't think there's any point in keeping kids in class just because there are 180 days in a year to be filled. If they've learned everything needed in the course and have already completed an ap test they should be free to go, plus it would be incentive for kids to take ap classes.
I do think that the last weeks of nothing are a great time for teachers to provide their students with extra credit projects and other ways to improve their grade, i have no problem with that... I just hate spending a whole day at the school especially when I'm just sitting in class. I expect any teacher reading this would get upset and say something about how they can give us more work if will really want them to, and that we shouldn't complain but honestly i don't care and just want summer.

No comments: