Friday, May 2, 2008

UltraKeys

If there was one class I wish i payed more attention to in middle school it's typing. We used this program called UltraKeys. It was part of Computer Tech Ed. Everyday you would go through this computer program typing the same sentences over and over.
The senences would work on one row of keys at a time. You would start by typing just the letters, like asdfghjkl; asdfghjkl; asdfghjlk; the eventually switch to real words, as dad sad a sag dag jag jas fash. This was pretty boring, and for that reason i didn't do it everyday. Then when it came time for testing we would have to type for speed. I barely passed because i never got any better. I'd just type really slow on the pre-test so it looked like a improved.

The other reason for my present day typing handicap is the cardboard covers we would put over our hands as we typed. I'd always cheat by bending my wrists so the cover would slide up and I could see the keys. Today, I still can't type without looking, sorry UltraKeys. It's your fault for being so easy to cheat on.

No comments: