Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The iPod


One of the coolest presents I ever received for my birthday was an iPod. This was before every kid on the block had one, so naturally it was a big deal. At the time the ipod I owned was the 2nd one to come out. This was before nano, video, touch, or super nano ultra video 5.0. All it did was play music. The screen wasn't even color but who cared, no one had even seen a color screen yet. Anyways, I thought it was the coolest thing that i had one. Of course now all the kids who didn’t have on at the time now own much newer ones and can store many times the music. 

I won’t forget going to Best Buy with my dad for my birthday and picking one off of the shelf. I couldn’t wait to get home and put my CD’s on it. Which at the time included Jock Jams, NOW (1st one), Queen, the Lion King Soundtrack, and Backstreet Boys Millennium. Don’t judge me, this was fourth grade and I’ve changed for the better, although the Lion King is still one of my favorite CD's.

After Getting home I ran to the computer to figure out iTunes. It took me a couple hours, 1.5 of which I was on hold with the help line, but i figured it out. I quickly added all of my CD’s to the computer than loaded them onto my iPod. The iPod was such a big deal to me that I never really used it because I was afraid to lose it. I never took it to school, but got my use out of it on car and plane rides, gradually added new music and erasing old, except for that Lion King. It's still on there along with thousands of others. 

1 comment:

J King said...

it sounds like you were pretty excited to get that first iPod huh? Did you wet your pants?