Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Kleptomaniacs

I've narrowed the topic of my essay once again. I'd like to focus more on the shoplifter, and why they shoplift. I'm still going to include where shoplifters go most often, and what stores do to protect from them. The main focus will be the mind of a shoplifter.

I'm probably goin to write the paper in second person for the most part. Like I'm describing to someone what a shoplifter goes through as if they're the shoplifter. I think it would be a different way to get all of the information I researched across. I'm trying to get across what makes a kleptomaniac act the way they do so putting the audience in the shoes of one of these people would be effective I think.

I'm wondering if i should switch back and forth between the different tenses or if I should stay in the second person for the whole time. Also, I'm not even sure if second person is the correct tense. Leave a comment if you know what tense this is- "You wonder why you can't stop. Your heart rate starts to race, and you walk in."


1 comment:

J King said...

There's this kid named Bond I know, he's a kleptomaniac, you should probably give him a call