Thursday, March 13, 2008

research topic follow up...

I started to browse the internet for information on the two topics I've narrowed it down to. The witness protection program, and shoplifting. I started on google and ended up browsing for a while on both topics.
The first topic I started researching was the witness protection program. This google search gave me plenty of results. The problem is, they were all the same, they were pretty vague and all about the same thing. They talked about how the program works and what you have to go to get into it. There weren't any interesting stories or anything, just the same governmental facts. It got a little boring reading over and over and I'm not sure if i could write a whole paper on it.
When I turned to my next topic the information I found was a little more hope full. I was able to find a lot of different things about shoplifting. What type of people do it, why they do it, how they do it, and a lot more. There are a lot of sources on it because it's a common problem people often try to overcome. 
Right now I'm leaning towards writing about shoplifting. The research about it was a lot more interesting to read and I think that it could make a better paper, and less boring one to write at that. 

No comments: