Monday, March 17, 2008

The Office


A few years ago a friend of mine on the football team introduced me to what is now my favorite show. NBC's "The Office". I'd hear him everyday ripping off these ridiculous quotes from some show. I asked him what the "office" was about and he told me it was on thursdays at seven, so I decided to catch it the next week. 
When I turned it on I wasn't sure what was going on. It's filmed in sort of a weird format. It's a documentary of everyday life within an Scranton based paper supply company office. The character's know the cameras are there and often acknowledge them with a glance or shrug in Jim's case. Every so often they will cut to an interview of one of the employees in the conference room ranting about their feelings, or something their outrageous boss, Michael, has done. 
Every episode takes place over the span of a day. They all usually start as a normal day until Michael, the boss, does something outrageous, or Jim, a salesperson, plays a prank on Dwight, a dorky salesperson who takes his job wayy to seriously. The show is pretty unique in it's format and it takes some getting used to. If you watch a couple episodes you start to catch on to it's humor, and it's pretty hilarious.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right on brother. I did that show. The humor is so cerebral at times, that the average Joe just misses it.
Glad to hear somebody else out there has some brains and intellectual skill.